Vanilla and cinnamon winter warmer porridge with blueberry
compote. A super simple and hearty breakfast recipe. The porridge is
made with just 4 ingredients and can be enjoyed in 5 minutes. You can get
creative adding which toppings you fancy but I love this combo of fresh
figs, pistachios and blueberry compote.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 50 grams rolled oats
- 500ml cashew mylk (or plant mylk of choice)
- 1 and 1/2 scoops FITDELIS vanilla daily powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 x handfuls blueberries
- Splash of water
- Simply add the oats, mylk, protein powder and cinnamon to a
saucepan on a medium heat and stir continuously for 3-5 minutes
depending on the preferred consistency. Less time cooking creates a
looser, creamier porridge and more time on the hob creates a stickier
more solid porridge.
- Simply add the blueberries and splash of water to a frying pan on a
medium heat. As the blueberries begin to warm in the pan, press them
with the back of a fork so they burst. Continue to cook over the heat
until the sauce/compote comes together and looks thicker and stickier.
- Spoon generously over the porridge.